PTO works with the school staff to coordinate volunteer needs in the school. Volunteering allows the school to devote more staff time to working with students in the classroom, and volunteering for PTO events and programs helps support the school community.
Staff Appreciation Events
This is a fun and easy way to say “Thank You” to our amazing CMS teachers and staff. The time commitment is minimal and if you enjoy baking, cooking, or picking food up at the store, this is the committee for you. We provide food six times throughout the year, hosting breakfasts and lunches and snacks during parent/teacher conferences. It can be as simple as dropping off dozen muffins or helping to set up/clean up a lunch. Simple and much appreciated.
Lead by the Principal, SAC is a solution-oriented group sharing ideas and information about improving our district, our school and our learners’ experience.
There is a PTO representative to SAC so that we may work together.
School Accountability Committee (SAC)
SAC is responsible for:
- Making recommendations to the principal on the school priorities for spending school moneys, including federal funds, where applicable
- Making recommendations to the principal of the school and the superintendent concerning preparation of a school Performance or Improvement plan, if either type of plan is required
- Publicizing and holding a SAC meeting to discuss strategies to include in a school Priority
- Improvement or Turnaround plan, if either type of plan is required, and using this input to make recommendations to the local school board concerning preparation of the school Priority Improvement or
- Turnaround plan prior to the plan being written
- Publicizing the district’s public hearing to review a written school Priority Improvement or Turnaround plan
- Meeting at least quarterly to discuss whether school leadership, personnel, and infrastructure are advancing or impeding implementation of the school’s Performance, Improvement, Priority Improvement, or Turnaround plan, whichever is applicable, and other progress pertinent to the school’s accreditation contract
- Providing input and recommendations to the DAC and district administration, on an advisory basis, concerning principal development plans and principal evaluations. (Note that this should not in any way interfere with a district’s compliance with the statutory requirements of the Teacher Employment, Compensation and Dismissal Act.)
- Publicizing opportunities to serve and soliciting parents to serve on the SAC
- Assisting the district in implementing at the school level the district’s family engagement policy
- Assisting school personnel to increase families’ engagement with teachers, including families’ engagement in creating students’ READ plans, Individual Career and Academic Plans, and plans to address habitual truancy.
We generally meet on the second Monday of the month in the upper level conference room.
Non-SAC members are always welcome to come listen in!